The National Etruscan Museum (Museo Nazionale Etrusco) is a museum of the Etruscan civilization, housed in the Villa Giulia in Rome, Italy.
The villa was built for pope Julius III, for whom it was named. The museum was founded in 1889 as part of the nationalistic movement, with the aim of collecting together all the pre-Roman antiquities of Latium, southern Etruria and Umbria belonging to the Etruscan and Faliscan civilizations.
The museum's most famous single treasure is the terracotta funerary monument, the almost life-size Bride and Groom (the so-called Sarcofago degli Sposi, or Sarcophagus of the Spouses), reclining as if they were at a dinner party.
Also, the Etruscan-Phoenician Pyrgi, the Apollo of Veii, the Cista Ficoroni, a reconstructed frieze displaying Tydeus eating the brain of his enemy Melanippus, the Tita Vendia vase, the Sarpedon krater (or, the "Euphronios krater") - this is now at the Archaeological Museum of Cerveteri, it was at the Villa Giulia from 2008-2014, the Centaur of Vulci.
Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia
Piazzale di Villa Giulia, 9 - 00197 Roma - Phone: 063226571