Musei Capitolini

Piazza del Campidoglio, 1 - 00186 Roma - Phone: 060608
The foundation of the most ancient publicly owned museums in the world dates back to 1471, when Pope Sixtus IV donated a group of bronze statues, previously housed in the Lateran, to the people of Rome. There are two buildings - the Palazzo dei Conservatori and Palazzo Nuovo -which, along with the Palazzo Senatorio, mark the limits of Piazza del Campidoglio.

The creation of the Capitoline Museums has been traced back to 1471, when Pope Sixtus IV donated a group of bronze statues of great symbolic value to the People of Rome.

The collections are closely linked to the city of Rome, and most of the exhibits come from the city itself.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7jHPdRpj78&index=1&list=PLB7605F6F311D8543

Favorite

Paola B.
Next
Back

Current exhibitions