The Galleria Corsini is the only collection of paintings in Rome dating from the 1700s that remains intact to this day and is displayed in accordance with the exhibition installation dating from that period. This is because in 1883, when the palace was sold to the Italian state, Prince Tommaso Corsini donated the entire collection of artworks it contained.
Today, part of the palazzo is home to the Accademia dei Lincei. The library of the Accademia houses the collection of books of his grandson Cardinal Neri Corsini, while the extraordinary collection of prints constitutes the oldest core of the current Istituto Nazionale della Grafica. The garden today houses the Botanical Gardens of Rome.
The museum preserves a core of sophisticated artworks, mostly Italian and Flemish painters of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries (Caravaggio, Guido Reni, Guercino, Beato Angelico, Jacopo Bassano, Rubens, Jusepe de Ribera and van Wittel).